harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][gc] TLS access from GC: a proposal to refactor the code
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 06:20:50 GMT

> Mikhail, I guess there is miscommunication. I didn't suggest to put GC
> TLS data to VM_Thread, I think it should have its own TLS key. My
> suggestion is to use single key for GC TLS data block pointer, then
> use an additional dereference for a GC TLS data field.

Xiao-Feng,
I completely agree that  allocation of  continues memory space to map a
struct to it instead of allocation of each field separately is more
convenient for TM clients.
The problem is that we do not have such an interface today. It's not a hard
task to add such an interface to TM we have and implement it. Let's get TM
gurus approval or comments on it.

TM gurus, are there any design problems to allocate N continues slots in TLS
storage at once?

--
Mikhail Fursov