harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][gc] TLS access from GC: a proposal to refactor the code
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:06:32 GMT
On 10/24/06, Evgueni Brevnov <evgueni.brevnov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mikhail,
>
> I was under impression that both VM_thread and HyThread structures are
> stored into TLS. Am I missing something?

Evgueni,
GC info is stored in VM_thread.
VM_thread is stored in HyThread as a pointer. HyThread is stored in TLS

Before you move GC info into HyThread you do not have persistent and equal
for all threads offset from TLS base (fs[14]) to thread-local fields of GC.
That is you can't inline object allocation into JIT with the current design.

--
Mikhail Fursov