harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][threadmanager] Fast thread local data access
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 11:37:09 GMT
On 10/20/06, Artem Aliev <artem.aliev@gmail.com> wrote:

> It will be also good to make order on TLS usage
>
> 1. refactor HyThread->jit_private_data, to be usual TSL data.
> 2. add hythread_get_tls_suspend_request_offset function for JIT
> back-branch polling.
> 3. refacor vm_get_gc_thread_local() to use hythread TLS directly.
>
> I'm looking forward for a patch from you.

Artem, I need some clarifications:
1. Ok, it means that JIT reserves a key at startup
2. Why do we need this function in TM interface when we have a key? We can
request the constant offset for this key right after we allocated it?
3. Yes VM-JIT BBP interface will be changed slightly

--
Mikhail Fursov