harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Calling native methods from Java code: implementation details
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:40:05 GMT
On 10/18/06, Pavel Afremov <pavel.n.afremov@gmail.com> wrote:

> a) About resolving during compilation time
>
> If Jit compiles call of the method from the current class, it means that
> resolving has been already done, and not additional resolving is not
> required to understand is class implements magic interface or not. If Jit
> compiles call of the method from other class it should resolve that class
> understand is it usual call or JNI, as I understand. So no additional work
> again.

Pavel, do I understand it correctly "public static native" is a marker of
native method. If yes, it forces library writer to implement native-stubs
for all of them.
Other questions were
1) Where to get an instance to call the virtual getAddress() method?
2) Execution of Java method from JIT during compilation requires additional
VM support, doesn't it?

--
Mikhail Fursov