harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] the big soup of VM properties (HARMONY-1626)
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 05:40:54 GMT
On 10/18/06, Dmitry Yershov <dmitry.yershov@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2006/10/17, Mikhail Fursov <mike.fursov@gmail.com>:
> > Is there any progress in this area?
> > Just an interest, because I think that properties refactoring is rather
> > important task.
>
> Yes, I'm working on it. I'll provide first patch soon. This patch will
> introduce new properties module according my proposal and yours
> advises. Then I'll provide second patch which does full re factoring
> in VM properties area.

Thanks! Now I have a peace of mind :)

> > + Does anybody knows the answer on the following question:
> > All JIT settings are VM properties. User can change the behaviour by
> > redefining them. Does it affect TCK certification?
>
> I don't know the answer, but current implementation does not store JIT
> settings into VM properties. It enables these settings through
> function:
>     (*jit)->next_command_line_argument("-Xjit", arg);  (see
> parse_arguments.cpp)

No. That was the behaviour before the last BBC. The code you mentioned is
obsolete and must be removed.

As for today all of JIT settings are system properties and Jitrino.OPT will
not be able to compile anything without these properties.
See opt.emconf file for details. For example, add -Djit.CS_OPT.path=false as
cmd-line option in -Xem:opt mode and the only thing Jitrino.OPT will do is
to refuse to compile anything.

This behaviour is the reason for the question about TCK certification.

--
Mikhail Fursov