harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM][JIT/GC] Questions on JIRA-1682, incorrect gc enumeration
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:52:13 GMT

> > I have zero problem with the commit as long as it does not imply a
> > change to
> > the interface between JIT/GC/VM.  I suspect Xiao Feng will find no
> problems
> > with the commit.  Xiao Feng, please comment.
>
> If there is a change, what is it and why is it bad?

We agreed to remove enumerate(mptr,base) method from the GC-JIT interface
and use enumerate(mptr,offset) only for mptrs.
I replaced all of the usages of the first one with the second one in JIT. GC
part was not affected because that was the time when Weldon was merging
GCv5. Now I think we can clean GC interfaces too (or to be more precise the
VM part of JIT<->GC interfaces) and remove the method 'enumerate(mptr,
base)'

--
Mikhail Fursov