harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: [DRLVM][JET] write barrier for Java (mmtk)]
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:16:37 GMT
On 10/13/06, Salikh Zakirov <Salikh.Zakirov@intel.com> wrote:

> By the way, the array base offset may differ depending on the platform and
> array type.
> As as I know, currently on 32 bit platform (ia32) the array base offset
> is 12 for types of size <= 4.
> Double[] and long[] arrays have array base offset 16.

Thank you Salikh, the information is really useful!

on 64 bit platforms, if the vtable pointers are compressed (they are now),
> the array base offset is the same as on 32 bit platforms.

AFAIK the current inter component interface uses only 32bit allocation
handle values (e.g. gc_alloc)
To support 64bit allocation handles we have to modify VM<->GC interfaces in
DRLVM.

--
Mikhail Fursov