harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] define pre-commit testing configs to gain the stability
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 19:54:28 GMT
On 10/11/06, Gregory Shimansky <gshimansky@gmail.com> wrote:

> A better solution would be if he sends us a patch which fixes his problem.
> It
> is open source, isn't it? If it doesn't work for you, fix it yourself. The
> more people care about some platform or configuration, the better it
> works.

May be the best way is to join the both solutions in this case?
So we will fix bugs on every platforms we can reach
plus provide a priviliged support (I mean the stability of JRE) for
some certain "builds from the box": example WindowsXP, SUSE10...
The quality and stability is often more attractive feature than performance
for Java users.
So we must do something to beat the RI here.

--
Mikhail Fursov