harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM][JET] write barrier for Java (mmtk)
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 05:54:06 GMT
Yes, we can run the usual inliner after helpers are inlined.
The only problem I want to notice is that once we have different helpers for
different GCs it's a bad idea to use virtual method calls in performance
sensitive helpers. You are allowed to do it, but the better solution is to
teach the helper to use a final implementation of the Barrier and replace
the helper once the implementation of the Barrier class is changed.

--
Mikhail Fursov