harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM][VM] design of bootstrapping process
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 09:33:11 GMT

> Hi, when I debug DRLVM, I have a question about the bootstrapping
> process: why is Jitrino initialized only when a method is compiled?
> Shouldn't it be initialized right away in or before vm_init() before
> any method need compiling, just as gc_init() is initialized before any
> object is allocated?

Xiao Feng,
JITs are always initialized  at the same  time  when EM is initialized.
EM reads the active configuration and decides which JIT instances and which
profile collectors to use.
EM is initialized by the component manager. AFAIK component manager
initializes all of it's components before any compilation is started.

--
Mikhail Fursov