harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] the big soup of VM properties (HARMONY-1626)
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 12:47:56 GMT
Here info about EM and JIT modules:

1) "org.apache.harmony.vm.vmdir" - EM uses this property to locate JIT
libraries.
2) "vm.use_interpreter" - EM uses this property to detect if it's
interpreter only mode.
3) "em.*" all EM properties. Actually there are only two today: a) "
em.properties" - the same as -Xem b) "em.jitPath" - to override JIT path for
all JITs in the active config
4) "jit.*" - parsed by Jitrino compiler. Strictly checked for correctness.

All of the properties above are used only during startup, before any user's
code is executed.

--
Mikhail Fursov