harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Jitrino.OPT performs incorrect GC enumeration in nested loop with array accesses
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 19:16:28 GMT

> #3 might have originally been put in the JIT/GC interface because the JIT
> developers liked it.  I can't think of a reason why a GC would prefer this
> interface over #2 above.

If it could be  JIT developers decision we would like not to distinguish
between bases and mptrs at all.:) I mean to keep only
'enumerate(base_or_mptr)' method
I'm not sure the code JIT generates will be much better in this case, but
JIT internals will become simpler.

Mikhail,
> Can you ask other JIT developers if it will hurt code optimization if we
> drop #3?  Maybe its a performance hit carrying around offset instead of
> interior pointer??

Ok I'll ask all experts I know to participate in this discussion if they