harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Jitrino.OPT performs incorrect GC enumeration in nested loop with array accesses
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 10:49:29 GMT
Ivan,
the problem is described in the example in H1682, I can add it to the email
thread to invite other GC/JIT gurus to participate in the discussion.

The example:
JIT has 2 references to report. Both of them point to the same object. JIT
expects that both references are updated when GC moves object.
1) JIT reports reference 1
2) GC moves object and updates reference 1.
3) JIT reports reference 2, but the reference points to the old place where
the object was.

This is almost the same situation we have today.

--
Mikhail Fursov