harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Popov" <ivan.g.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where to put the tools.... (was Re: [vote] HARMONY-1410 : JDWP agent for DRLVM)
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 06:10:59 GMT
Yes, JDWP agent uses most of JVMTI functions, and testing JDWP level
indirectly checks JVMTI implementation. JDWP unit tests included into
JDWP contribution do not provide exhaustive testing, but they often
catch problems with basic JVMTI support related to debug
functionality.

However, there is a number of JVMTI functions not used in JDWP agent.
They are targeted for profiling support and will not be tested with
JDWP tests. But they can be tested with any Java profiler, for example
new JVMTI profiler in Eclipse TPTP project [1]. Their automation
testing framework can be used for testing JVMTI profiling support in
Harmony JRE.

Ivan.

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/