harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Endre StĂžlsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Recognizing lock objects
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 14:17:16 GMT
On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

| Tim Ellison wrote:
| > Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
| >> +1
| >>
| >> BTW, why call it "RepositionLock"?
| >
| > That was just an example taken from the class I was looking at, I've
| > called them different names depending upon the inst var name.
|
| Oh, thanks.
|
| It might not be a bad idea to adopt a common pattern like "FOOSyncLock"
| - might make it easier to search for hotspots in a profiler...

Just stumbled upon this thread while organizing my email..!

What about an marker interface, or common ancestor class? Just to mark it
as being of this type of usage? Would do a lot of good, I recon, to be
able to trace/track such usages..? (Re java.util.EventListener, "A tagging
interface.. ")

Regards,
Endre.