harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib/VMI] o.a.h.boot.class.path property
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 13:13:03 GMT

On Oct 9, 2006, at 6:32 AM, Alexey Varlamov wrote:

> I think we need to clarify VMI contract on "o.a.h.boot.class.path"
> property.
> Currently luni natives set this property to default bcp during
> JNI_OnLoad, accordingly to content of
> "%java.home%/lib/boot/bootclasspath.properties" file.
> Should the VM sync value of this property back with added path to
> kernel classes and/or user-provided cmd-line entries?
>
> From what I observe, j9 does this and DRLVM does not. Classlib uses
> this property to lookup resources like i18n, and for (re)launching
> tools - but I may be missing smth.

I thought about doing this on saturday when committing the code for
JIRA 1626, but it seemed somewhat odd for me to have the VM do that.

I thought maybe we would have a second property that was one that
represented the "complete" boot class path so there would be an
understanding between classlib and vm that once that one is set,
that's it.

I don't feel strongly there.

geir