harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject [DRLVM][VM] design of bootstrapping process
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 09:05:35 GMT
Hi, when I debug DRLVM, I have a question about the bootstrapping
process: why is Jitrino initialized only when a method is compiled?
Shouldn't it be initialized right away in or before vm_init() before
any method need compiling, just as gc_init() is initialized before any
object is allocated?

This is related to the thread initialization issue in my another
message. In current Harmony GC (gcv4.1), because of the thread
initialization issue, the gc has to initialize main thread's thread
local gc info inside the first gc_alloc() !

This kind of design makes the runtime phase behavior unclear and
bug-prone. How do you guys think?

Thanks,
xiaofeng