harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Loenko" <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] IPF functionality
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:34:03 GMT
> Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> > When we bring new platforms how will we make sure that a patch for some
> > rare platform would not break another one?
>
> Beyond sniffing the patch to ensure it looks reasonable, the best a
> committer can do is to test it on the platforms he or she has available.
>  After that we rely on the diversity of the community building and
> testing the code to catch any problems; i.e. the change doesn't
> necessarily end with the commit, it may still have to be backed out.

How will we define which changes should be backed out?
Do you mean that we first define list of "supported" platforms
and then we will roll back all the changes that reportedly break
build on one of that platform?

What would be the procedure to add a new platform to the list of
supported ones? (Well I assume it's a vote, but what are the criteria
to be used in that vote?)

Thanks,
Mikhail