harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nikolay Kuznetsov" <nikolay.kuznet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] what's the difference between the structure VM_thread and HyThread?
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 14:42:21 GMT
Yes, this data is non threading and separate fields of VM_thread
structure should be replaced with independent values (data structures)
stored in TLS under separate keys.

Nik.

On 10/30/06, Fan Bin <fanbin23@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks,  so you mean that there is only non threading data currently in VM_thread block,
and maybe the VM_thread block will be replaced by TLS in HyThread, right?

> Bin

thread management module. I see that there are three kinds of control blocks: HyThread, JVMTIThread
and VM_thread. What's the difference of their rols? Especially HyThread and VM_thread. As
far as I know, there is no HyThread at first.