harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nikolay Kuznetsov" <nikolay.kuznet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] what's the difference between the structure VM_thread and HyThread?
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 13:13:20 GMT
Hello,

this is legacy thread structure. You're right, there was no HyThread
at first, but VM_thread structure. Also different DRLVM modules used
to have dedicated fields in this structure. Further it was decided to
make threading module independent and make usage model of threading
module the same for all other modules(i.e use thread local storage for
module specific data). But since VM_thread structure usage was very
heavy it was also decided to leave all non threading data in VM_thread
and put it in TLS till better times (I mean, till this data will be
divided into module depended parts and also put into TLS under
different keys).

Nik.

On 10/30/06, Fan Bin <fanbin23@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm now reading the lastest version of drlvm. Now I have a question about the thread
management module. I see that there are three kinds of control blocks: HyThread, JVMTIThread
and VM_thread. What's the difference of their rols? Especially HyThread and VM_thread. As
far as I know, there is no HyThread at first.