harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Fedotov, Alexei A" <alexei.a.fedo...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [classlib] Preprocessor (was Re: [classlib][rmi] Code smell - Thread.sleep() in ActivationGroup method)
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:45:41 GMT
			Premature optimization is the root of all evil
				Donald Knuth

>Just a small idea: Let teach JIT to purge this code unless special
option
>is ON

+1

I believe a computer should adapt to my way of thinking. I prefer a
simple and readable code to an efficient one since the former one saves
the time of my life, why the latter one saves some electricity.

With best regards,
Alexei Fedotov,
Intel Java & XML Engineering