harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Fedotov, Alexei A" <alexei.a.fedo...@intel.com>
Subject HARMONY-1752: patch review
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:34:06 GMT
Hello Ilya,

I really like your patch from
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1752. Let me participate in
a way I'm able to.

I cannot say why calling free(send_buf) when send_buf == NULL makes me
feel a bit uncomfortable. I also prefer a descriptive name for a label
cleanup1 (eg cleanup_buf).

I tried to track that guy who used cleanup labels in his C code.

modules/luni/src/main/native/luni/linux/OSNetworkSystemLinux.c:

The Linux version seems to contain exactly the same problem as you fix
in modules/luni/src/main/native/luni/windows/OSNetworkSystemWin32.c

modules/luni/src/main/native/luni/shared/luniglob.c

cleanup:

    if (props) {

        properties_free(PORTLIB, props);

    }

    if (bootDirectory) {

        hymem_free_memory(bootDirectory);

    }

The first "if" always fails if we come here using goto - we can put the
label after the first if. I suggest replacing the second if with
assert(!bootDirectory)

modules/archive/src/main/native/archive/shared/jarfile.c:

zip_freeZipEntry is not called on some paths - is it a memory leak?

modules/luni/src/main/native/launcher/shared/main.c

  if (vm_args.options)

    {

      hymem_free_memory (vm_args.options);

    }

Should we put here assert(!vm_args.options)?

With best regards,
Alexei Fedotov,
Intel Java & XML Engineering