harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivanov, Alexey A" <alexey.a.iva...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [classlib][swing] test failure: javax.swing.filechooser.FileSystemViewTest.testGetSystemTypeDescription
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 08:35:28 GMT
Richard,

Thank you for your comments.
See mine inline.

Yep, but...

>But it seems that the behavior is depended on the locale setting of
>OS, this solution does not work. ;-)

You are right. We need to change the OS locale here. As far as I know, on Win the locale can
be changed for a single thread. I don't know about Linux.

>I agree we remove the locale dependent assertions temporarily.

On the other hand, these assertions merely check that file corresponds to "File", and folder
corresponds to "Folder" or "File Folder".
We can check that the return value is not null and is not empty string, at least temporarily.

Later we can implement locale switching, if we want to.

What do you think?

Regards,
Alexey.