harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Fedotov, Alexei A" <alexei.a.fedo...@intel.com>
Subject RE: ECJ set as default compiler (WAS: [general] version of gcc and other tools)
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:40:46 GMT
Nathan,

I've got two following stacks

compile-support:
    [javac] Compiling 56 source files to
/opt/harmony/classlib/build/test_support
    [javac] Since fork is false, ignoring memoryMaximumSize setting
# An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (1.5.0_06-b05 mixed mode)

Stack: [0xbfe00000,0xc0000000),  sp=0xbfffbcdc,  free space=2031k
Native frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code,
C=native code)
C  [libc.so.6+0x686dc]  memcpy+0x1c
C  [libzip.so+0x10272]  ZIP_GetNextEntry+0x54
C  [libzip.so+0x3782]  Java_java_util_zip_ZipFile_getNextEntry+0x30
j  java.util.zip.ZipFile.getNextEntry(JI)J+0
j  java.util.zip.ZipFile.access$700(JI)J+2
j  java.util.zip.ZipFile$3.nextElement()Ljava/util/zip/ZipEntry;+54
j  java.util.zip.ZipFile$3.nextElement()Ljava/lang/Object;+1
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.batch.ClasspathJar.isPackage(Ljava/lan
g/St
ing;)Z+53

I start thinking about DRLVM to have this fixable. :-)

With best regards,
Alexei Fedotov,
Intel Java & XML Engineering

Given a
>> JAVA_HOME=.../jdk1.5.0_07, there may be more to it than just copying
>jar
>> file.  My guess is that adding ECJ.JAR to Sun javac is now causing
the
>> following error message:
>>
>>    [javac] ----------
>>    [javac] 1. ERROR in
>> C:\t_harmony\classlib\trunk\modules\archive\src\main\jav
>> a\java\util\jar\Pack200.java
>>    [javac]  (at line 0)
>>    [javac]     /*
>>    [javac]     ^
>>    [javac] Internal compiler error
>>    [javac] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
>>
>> I looked for a README file that says something about which Eclipse
>compiler
>> to download and where to get it.  Or if it is already downloaded,
where
>> find it on my local drive.  A "find" of README files on
classlib/trunk
>turns
>> up 2052 instances.  If its in a README, its well obscured!  Please
tell
>me
>> where the instructions are for downloading the correct version of
Eclipse