harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Fedotov, Alexei A" <alexei.a.fedo...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [drlvm] [testing] Excluding commit tests until the problem is fixed
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:13:09 GMT
We have mighty guys on this list. Why cannot we just fix these tests
instead of excluding them?

I suggest starting with basic threading issues such as
org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.lang.ThreadTest,
org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.lang.ThreadGroupTest - they reliably
fail in my environment. I volunteer for checking reliability of fixes.

With best regards,
Alexei Fedotov,
Intel Middleware Products Division

So
>far I
>> know about 3 tests which fail for sure:
>>
>> gc.LOS - stably hangs on windows XP
>> gc.Finalizer and gc.PhantomReferenceQueue - fail because of incorrect
CCE
>> condition detected, fail with rate less than 100%. Ok I've just read
that
>> Geir has excluded them already
>>
>> Are there any other tests which don't work perfectly to do a clean
tests
>run?
>> I think we need it do make minimal commit checks for drlvm.
>>
>> I've seen java.lang.ThreadTest in kernel tests to output something
that
>it has
>> failed on reference JRE. Is this test correct if it doesn't work on
RI?
>The
>> failure however doesn't seem to make test run to fail so maybe we
could
>leave
>> this test for now.
>>
>> I also have a question about 15 smoke tests excluded with XXX or
X_int