harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Denis Kishenko" <dkishe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Build failure messages
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 12:59:36 GMT
I also worried about a lot of warnings and I think warnings like these
can be fixed

last\modules\concurrent\standard\src\main\java\java\util\concurrent\ConcurrentHashMap.java
    [javac]  (at line 26)
    [javac] 	import java.io.ObjectInputStream;
    [javac] 	       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    [javac] The import java.io.ObjectInputStream is never used

    [javac] 34. WARNING in
C:\Work\Projects\Harmony-last\modules\concurrent\standard\src\main\java\java\util\concurrent\CountDownLatch.java
    [javac]  (at line 130)
    [javac] 	private static final class Sync extends
AbstractQueuedSynchronizer {
    [javac] 	                           ^^^^
    [javac] The serializable class Sync does not declare a static
final serialVersionUID field of type long

2006/10/19, Nathan Beyer <nbeyer@gmail.com>:
> I added a compiler arg to the main 'build-java.xml' compile to disable
> all of the warnings.
>
> This should take care of the warnings.
>
> -Nathan

> > Can we just shut them off for now?  it's a good project for someone to
> > go and clean those up, but there's no need for all of us to see them.
> >
> > geir
> >
> > Mark Hindess wrote:
> > > These messages aren't getting through on the commits list on due to the
> > > large number of warnings since switching to ecj.  I've modified the
> > > summary process so that it ignores these for the moment.
> > >
> > > Hopefully this means that the failure messages that haven't been making
> > > the commits list will start getting through.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >  Mark.

Denis M. Kishenko
Enterprise Solutions Software Division