harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Afremov" <pavel.n.afre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [dlrvm] ClassCircularityError in recursive compilation (Was: Re: [drlvm] smoke test : gc PhantomReferenceQueueTest is really unstable)
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:16:23 GMT
Salikh,

gc.Finalizer and gc PhantomReferenceQueueTest are synthetic test. And can't
be called "normal" (do code review, if you doubt, please). But this test
isn't source of the circularity error. The error can happen for usual
application too. The CL an SM tests just show that source of fake
circularity error exists. It's it.

I think, this fake error can happen in usual applications. But it can be
masked here or be covered by other issues...

Pavel Afremov