harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] POLL : supported platforms
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 07:46:20 GMT
On 10/16/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> We're a volunteer project, so "supported" is based on interest in
> community.  Lets be clear by writing down a set of platforms that we as
> a community commit to support.
>
> I think we can define "support" as - "one or more people in the
> community tests on that platform on a regular basis, there are users
> that use that platform, and we have people volunteering to find and fix
> bugs that specifically affect that platform"
>
> Just throw things out there and we'll gather the results and see what's
> popular.  We'll summarize in 3 days.  Please be clear in indicating what
> you think should be reported.  Don't vote against anything. To start,
> using a broad brush :

Geir,

I'd like to summarize the discussion to put the summary to web-site. I'm
going to add something like: "We aimed to support wide range of different
platforms. The main criteria if platform is supported or not is that there
are people interesting in running test on regular base, reporting build
status, finding and fixing bugs for that platform. A list of currently
supported platforms can be found at
http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Platforms_to_Run_VM_on. "

BTW, I think we can also  use as indication if a platform is supported if
someone set up Harmony build-and-test infra on the platform and regularly
run it.

Comments? Objections?

Thanks,
Stepan.