harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] [testing] How to file JIRA issues for impl JUnit tests?
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 03:01:15 GMT
On 10/3/06, Anton Luht wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It's clear how to file issues for public API - write a test with
> differend behaviour on RI and Harmony. It's not clear how to write
> tests or report problems when JUnit impl test fail.

Hi Anton,

At minimum you can just file a JIRA describing a failure and what to do to
reproduce it.

Or you can try to analyze the failure. In this particular case the test
passes on IBM VME and fails on DRL VM. So what the difference is? I'd try to
minimize test case to demonstrate the difference and add it to
JIRA. Also I'd look to the spec. to understand what the expected result is.

Thanks,
Stepan.

I see org.apache.harmony.security.tests.asn1.der.SequenceTest failing at
> svn = r452457, (Oct  3 2006), Windows/ia32/msvc 1310, debug build
>
> Other people report failures , too :
> http://www.harmonytest.org/testapp.do?method=showresult&id=74663
>
> --
> Regards,