harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Blewitt" <alex.blew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Eclipse bug - move MANIFEST.MF to a different location
Date Sun, 08 Oct 2006 00:54:58 GMT
Cool. I've asked them to mark it as a dupe of 153023, so you should
get Cc'd onto that one automatically ... but if you can use the 'vote
for this bug' then it would be one more person on the list. It's at 5
at the moment, so the more people who vote for it the more PDE will
realise that it's a requested feature ...

Re: the default: I'm guessing that if it were to go ahead, they would
make it backwardly compatible to be in the project root. My hope is
that they search for it in the bin/ directory (or whatever other
output directories there are) so that you could have a
src/main/resources/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF, and then it would just be
resolved similar to any other resource at build time. Plus, it would
make exporting easy; you'd just zip up the bin/ directory ...

Alex.