harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Blewitt" <alex.blew...@gmail.com>
Subject Eclipse bug - move MANIFEST.MF to a different location
Date Sun, 08 Oct 2006 00:18:58 GMT
Hi all,

There's a discussion going on the Eclipse bugs list about being able
to move the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF to a different location (e.g.
src/main/resources/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF). For some reason, the Eclispe
PDE/Equinox team can't seem to understand why anyone would want to put
resources anywhere other than the top-level of the project.

If you'd like to add your opinions, please add your comments to (and
vote for!)

as well as perhaps

PS There was also some spirited discussion on the equinox-dev mailing
list some time ago, but I think it's migrated from there into the bug

Basically seems to be Eclipse-users saying Yes! We want this! and the
Equinox team going Why? It works fine ...