harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Ellison" <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [snapshot] Questions about next snapshot...
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 16:00:50 GMT
On 24/10/06, Martin Cordova <martin.cordova@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1.- Have a planned date?

No, we don't tend to plan the dates in advance, but rather roll a
developer release/snapshot once we reach a stable point in
development.

Of course, you can build from source (as described in the contributor
link[1] on the project homepage); or wait while we poll the developers
to agree on a good time to snap'.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/quickhelp_contributors.html

> 2.- Will include latest aproved contributions (ImageIO)

Yes for ImageIO -- it will include all the approved contributions that
have been merged into the codebase.

> 3.- Will be possible to create graphics in awt-headless mode? I would
> like to test servlets generating charts (using JFreeCharts) in a Linux
> box without a graphics environment.

I'll let the AWT folk answer that question; I haven't seen a crisp
definition of what it means to run in headless mode (I've seen broad
descriptions, but not a specific list of what works and what throws an
exception).

Regards,
Tim

--