harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Morozova, Nadezhda" <nadezhda.moroz...@intel.com>
Subject [doc] No Doxygen reference for code :(
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 13:33:51 GMT
Hi everyone,

I've noticed that there's no API reference documentation for Harmony
code - generated by Doxygen/Javadoc.  I guess many will agree that
having API reference is very useful and convenient.

This issue was discussed a while ago [1] for kernel classes and vmi
interface in classlib. We agreed to store the Doxygen docs on the
website by generating them manually from code and placing there. It
seems that the old version of the docs was removed from SVN but never
made its way to the website, so it's just NOWHERE now :-(. Let's fix it!

AFAIU, we want to have the following:

1.	Ability to generate docs locally from source code as part of
build - need to change existing build files or write new ones.
2.	Ability to see docs on the website - manually copy a local
bundle of docs to the website and add a link. Geir has been planning to
include the website into the next snapshot; supplying ready reference
with it seem nice.

Volunteers?

I can work on item 2 for sure to get a nice config file and patch the
website to link to our new Doxygen API. Item 1 -fixing the build - might
be more extravagant, so your aid's welcome ;)

[1] mail thread
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200609.mb
ox/%3c591B455B-186D-43B4-8F9D-D5A0EA52A38D@pobox.com%3e

Thanks,