harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Morozova, Nadezhda" <nadezhda.moroz...@intel.com>
Subject RE: README.txt patch Was: [drlvm] NPE is thrown when the kernel tests are run on Windows at revision 448448
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 09:34:26 GMT
+1
PS: we have a pointer to README, but it goes into SVN. I don't see anything wrong with that
- there should be some docs with sources.

Best regards,
Nadya Morozova

-----Original Message-----
From: Geir Magnusson Jr. [mailto:geir@pobox.com]
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 1:18 PM
To: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: README.txt patch Was: [drlvm] NPE is thrown when the kernel tests are run on
Windows at revision 448448

I was looking at the patch, and think we should just chuck the whole
README.txt, salvage what's good, put it on the website, and put a
pointer in the README.txt to the website.

geir

Morozova, Nadezhda wrote:
> Thanks for the fix, Alexei. I think this is a good start for updating the README.
> I've looked at the current version, and many other things are out-of-date (such as ij
as the name of our executable). Some things are also duplicated - we now have the nice Quick
Help pages for users [1] and developers [2]. As I see it, the Quick Start you've been referring
to roughly matches [1], whereas [2] is for those who have to 'read this README and follow
building instructions to the point.' :)

> I suggest that we edit the README file more to improve it. What do you think? Do you
think we can use JIRA 1730 for these changes?

> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/quickhelp_users.html
> [2] http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/quickhelp_contributors.html
>
> Best regards,
> Nadya Morozova