harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm][gc]Allocation rate test
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 19:08:25 GMT
Hi,
  I ran a simple test that allocates and discards a large number of objects
repeatedly on multiple threads. These should all be gen zero objects( none
survive ) that are repeatedly collected. So the test is of effective
allocation rate( I set heap size for all the gc's to 64M and 256 M ). I
think the test emulates a web server repeatedly creating and discarding page
level objects with each page invocation. This is NOT a perf comparison. gcv5
is just getting created, and comparisons are meaningless. But we can use
tests like this to tune. I am attaching the raw test output file.

 I submitted the test and build mods to JIRA, issue 1993. I am not sure that
we have decided where such focussed tuning tests that take too long to be
acceptance tests and don't really pass or fail should live. For right now, I
created a tests directory under gc_gen.

Thanks,
Rana