harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Class unloading support
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 14:58:36 GMT
My knowledge in this area is limited. But my understanding was that web
servers and other similar hosts recycled processes periodically as standard
procedure, thereby tearing down all associated resources. So classes loaded,
but not used for a while went away anyway; this level of resource management
was not really urgent. I know that IIS does this, I am not sure about httpd.
I am not sure about other host environments.