harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] debugging on msvc -- getting debug symbols to load
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 16:04:46 GMT
Hi Weldon,
    I am sorry to  to see that you may be still having problems with the
VS.Net debugger. I use it all the time, and everything( BP's, watch, memory
and thread windows ) works as expected. If you haven't done so alread, could
you please give this a shot?

devenv /debugexe whatever-command-line-executable-is
needed-to-work-from-this-dos-window

(absolute paths please )

The MS debug PE's are quite sophisticated now and have the embedded info
about symbol file locations, default source file locations, symbol mapping,
etc. Debugger messup is not fun.

Hope this helps,
Rana