harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] IPF functionality
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 19:04:03 GMT

> > > This is just one more argument for doing IPF porting in a separate
> > branch,
> > > at least since some point.
> > >
> > > I admit that maintaining quality and checking for regressions on new
> > > platforms is a separate big problem but I believe we could try to
> > avoid it
> > > during "incubation" of new platforms.
> > >
> > > Overall I agree we could wait with branch creation until real problems
> > > appear.
> > >

> > Great

OK, we can then continue as is until the IPF port matures and is ready for
running non trivial applications or performance tests. At that point we can
decide whether to treat it as a primary platform, in which case, we will
need to test on it before committing submissions to the main branch. Or
secondary, in which case we branch it and let the IPF submitters control
their own destiny.

Thanks for the good comments.

Rana