harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilya Neverov" <ilya.neve...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] creation of "jdktools"
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:43:45 GMT
On 10/31/06, Ivan Popov <ivan.g.popov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ilya,
>
> I'd like this idea. But I think having two tools.jar libraries
> (jdk/jre/lib/tools.jar and jdk/lib/tools.jar) may be quite confusing.
> It's convenient for JDK to have jdk/lib/tools.jar and many programs
> explicitly include it into CLASSPATH. I suggest renaming second
> tools.jar (going to JRE) to jretools.jar or something ike this, so
> we'll have
>
>  jdk/jre/lib/jretools.jar
>  jdk/lib/tools.jar
>
> which should be less confusing.

I agree - it looks better.

I just notice that module names jdk/ and jre/ are misleading also.
These modules are good places for tools implemented thru
org.apache.harmony.tools.<tool>.Main classes. But these modules will
not include all tools which go to JRE or JDK.

Would jdk-java/ and jre-java/ be better names?

-Ilya