harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilya Neverov" <ilya.neve...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] creation of "jdktools"
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 17:51:47 GMT
Hi Geir,

Looks like that creating the "jdktools" source tree and build was
shaded by other tasks. I can help with preparing and checking updates
in the build system. Please let me know what needs to do in this area
(besides svn commits) to complete the task.

I'm especially interested in completing the move to "jdktools"
structure since there will be a home for the JDWP code, which has beed
voted but still resides in JIRA. Working with SVN will be easier.

Thanks.
-Ilya

> yep, that's the plan.   And once we have that, we can simplify the
> launcher as well...
>
> Tim Ellison wrote:
> > +1 for creating a jdktools directory.  The dependency on the classlib
> > launcher should be relatively light if we go with a simple tools
> > launcher that rewrites the tool invocation into a generic launcher
> > invocation.  You may recall the idea was discussed a while ago.
> >
> > So, for example,
> >   jdk/bin/javac -source 1.5 -J-Xmx200M  FooBar
> > is rewritten to
> >   jdk/jre/bin/java -cp jdk/lib/tools.jar;jdk/lib/ecj.jar -Xmx200M
> > org.apache.harmony.tools.javac.Main -source 1.5 FooBar
> >
> > and so on.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tim
> >
> > Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> >> My bad - the javap isn't being voted on yet.  I was thinking of the jdwp
> >> vote... sorry

Thank you.
Ilya Neverov,
Intel Middleware Products Division