harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][build] Where to put mmtk.jar?
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 04:47:18 GMT

> Hi, Mikhail, would you please educate me why this helper inlining work
> depends on mmtk.jar? If only the unboxed classes are used, why can't
> we write a simple replacement? That's just easy.

Agreed its real easy to do.  But I for one would like Harmony to stay as
close to MMTk standard interfaces as possible.  And the best way to do that
is download their *.class files.  Otherwise 3 years from now the world will
have MMTk vmmagic and Harmony vmmagic that are not identical.

Thanks,

--
Weldon Washburn