harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][build] Where to put mmtk.jar?
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:01:01 GMT

> Mikhail Fursov wrote:
> > Folks,
> > I'm preparing the first patch with VM helpers inlining framework
> > implementation.
> > The Java fast-path helpers use org.vmmagic.unboxed classes (or "magic"
> > classes ) to use address arithmetic in helpers. That is the mmtk.jar is
> > required to build these classes.
> > The problem is that I do not know what is the best place to put mmtk.jar
> .
> > Should we make it downloadable from some 3rd party page? My vote is -1
> > here.
>
> Why not?  We do that for everything else, where we can.

I agree with Geir.  Its best to try to stay out of the business of
warehousing 3rd party stuff.  Let's download MMTk.jar from a web page during
"build fetch-depends".   We can change this if it causes problems. Robin
Garner, can you help us with this?  What is the best URL for this?

--
Weldon Washburn