harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm] debugging on msvc -- getting debug symbols to load
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 13:20:30 GMT
Suddenly I am unable to debug msvc 2003.  It won't load the debug symbols  I
tried installing msvc 2005 but it still won't load the debug symbols.

The following seems to work.  Does anyone else see this?  Is there an easier
way to do this?

1)
Create a new and empty project

2)
On the Project pulldown, select "newproject Properties"

3)
put something like the following in the "Command" window

c:\t_harmony\drlvm\trunk\build\win_ia32_msvc_debug\deploy\jre\bin\java.exe

4)
put something like the following in the "Command Arguments" window

-Xbootclasspath/p:.;mmtk.jar -Xem:jet -Xms512m -Xms512m -version
TestSemiSpace  1

5)
build the new and empty project to keep msvc happy

6)
start debugging -- push F5

NOTE: I like to put an "__asm{int 3}" in the C/C++ code.  This will force
the binary to always call the debugger.

--
Weldon Washburn
Intel Middleware Products Division