harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] define pre-commit testing configs to gain the stability
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 23:25:25 GMT

> Weldon Washburn wrote:
> > A word of caution to those who are committing C/C++ code.  There are
> unique
> > features of Microsoft C/C++ that will cause a build failure on Linux and
> > vice versa.  For example, gcc expects that the end of a C/C++ file is a
> > blank line.  Microsoft does not.
>
> That's gotta be a bug.  What version are you using?

gcc 3.4.5.  If its a bug, its unlikely we will fix gcc or wait for gcc to be
fixed.  The pragmatic approach would be to simply open the *.cpp files, go
to the bottom and hit the "return" key.  The point is simply beware that
committing even platform independent code may break the build/test on an
untested platform.  The biggest disconnect seems to be between (surprise)
windows and linux.  Testing on one of each will go a long way to reducing
problems.