harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Zhang" <zhanghuang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][nio] SocketChannelTest fails on Windows 2003 server
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:56:20 GMT
On 10/27/06, Elena Semukhina <elena.semukhina@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/27/06, Andrew Zhang <zhanghuangzhu@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 10/26/06, Elena Semukhina <elena.semukhina@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I ran classlib tests on Windows 2003 server and saw the
> > > org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.channels.SocketChannelTest test
> > > failure. I've reported this at
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1977.
> >

> > Hi Elena, does this test always fail on windows 2003 server?
> >
> > Can RI pass this test?
>

> Andrew,
> the test fails on RI too.
>
> iirc, there're some other tests in nio are platform dependent. We're
> waiting
> > for TestNG. :) These tests are marked with "FIXME".  If the test you
> found
> > is also platform-dependent, maybe mark it with "FXIME" and comment the
> > assert is a simple workaround now. :) Thanks!
>

> We are talking about testSocket_NonBlock_ActionsBeforeConnect() test. It
> uses special assertion method assertSocketAction_NonBlock_BeforeConnect()
> which, in turn, contains a few assertions and is called not from this test
> only but from another test as well. And that test passes this assertion.
> I'm
> not sure that I know which is better: to commented out the whole assertion
> in the test or a particular assertion in the assert method :(

I suggest the latter: comment "assertSocketAction_NonBlock_BeforeConnect"
in  "testSocket_NonBlock_ActionsBeforeConnect". Because the test scenario is
a kinda abnormal case, and I guess the test author didn't run the test on
the windows 2003 server, therefore, the test itself is invalid. However,
keeping the test there is still valuable to record the platform differences.

--
Best regards,
Andrew Zhang