harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Zhang" <zhanghuang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] clash in eclipse metadata
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2006 02:07:26 GMT

> I have a problem with how we do eclipse meta-data in classlib, and I'm
> guessing there's some cool trick everyone else knows about.

We have a user guide on development with eclipse in the website. [1]
Is it helpful?

> Right now, tree has lots of mods to modules/*/.settings/* and
> modules/*/.classpath, resulting in pain and suffering when I try to do a
> commit that spans multiple modules.

How are people solving this?

I check out the whole trunk, configure "Target Platform", and import the
interested module and support module into Eclipse. Meta data needn't to be
modified in most cases.

 [1]
http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/dev_eclipse.html

geir