harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Gabriel Miretti" <gabriel....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Coverage (was Re: 37% of total test execution time is spent in a single test)
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:06:16 GMT
First of all, please excuse my late reply, Vladimir.

Right now I'm working in the tests for the implementation of jx.s.t.h.p.Parser, but here we
are using a different code coverage tool, which is Clover, sorry :)
When I found your post at harmony-dev, I realized that none of that tests were computed.
At this moment, I'm not using the coverage system but I think that it is important for Harmony
to have a good coverage tool and know how much code was covered by the tests.

Keep the good work.
Gabriel

PD: Clover is offered with free licensing for open source projects. http://www.cenqua.com/clover/licensing.html
and has plugins for Eclipse.

2006/10/19, Vladimir Ivanov <ivavladimir@gmail.com>:
 On 10/17/06, Gabriel Miretti <gabriel.itc@gmail.com> wrote:

> Vladimir
>
> Do you know why javax.swing.text.html tests weren't computed by the
 > coverage tool if they are present in the SVN tree?

Seems, you are first person who tries to use it :)

The reason is the coverage system emulates common tests run over the
profiled classes. But common run includes only tests from the dir="${
hy.swing.src.test.api}/java/common". Actually, I don't know why :(

But I'll try to run other tests too in the next 'coverage calculation'
cycle.

 thanks, Vladimir

Note, you can do it too :) Just download the last attachment for jira 564,
update property and run it.

Gabriel Miretti