harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Ozhdikhin" <pavel.ozhdik...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] define pre-commit testing configs to gain the stability
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 04:28:58 GMT
> Hi Pavel,
>
> I'm sorry I did not catch how for example Nathan's commits will be checked
> on the configurations he does not have?

Since we have the problem with diversity of the hardware the
committers own the following procedure might be reasonable:

 - If the commit does not depend on platform/OS, for example, a patch
to some OS-independent Java API, he checks it only Windows with
definite configuration.

- If the commit may depend on the platform, for example, a patch to
the system-dependent native code, he checks it on Windows with
definite configuration and ask another committer to check it on other
system.

> Thanks,
> Mikhail

Thanks,