harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Preprocessor (was Re: [classlib][rmi] Code smell - Thread.sleep() in ActivationGroup method)
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 10:53:40 GMT

Mikhail Fursov wrote:
> Geir,
> What are the reasons to exclude the most standard solution here: branching.
> Do you think we need a lot of them?

Because I'm not sure how you can easily maintain fixes and  general
coherence across branches.

Also, there are 3 use cases for pre-processor, and it sounds like we'd
go rapidly to branch-hell.

I guess that if we could get 5.0 complete, we'd could *then* branch for
6, but I don't think we'd want to serialize like that.