harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jvmti][testing] I want to add JVMTI tests to drlvm commit checks
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 02:15:10 GMT

Gregory Shimansky wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 October 2006 00:24 Fedotov, Alexei A wrote:
>> Gregory wrote,
>>
>>> I need is probably smoke tests category. I need to add building native
>> code
>>
>>> part and add a custom command line setting somewhere.
>> +1
>> I believe you need one or two test with a good coverage to check your
>> changes regularly. This is enough for acceptance testing.
>>
>> This doesn't inhibit the separate category - it would be quite useful
>> for thorough testing. But from my perspective this is not the first
>> thing to do.
>
> Now if I just could understand the Grand Design behind that huge tangle called
> drlvm ant build... I cannot find a place to start with. I thought eclipse ant
> debugging facilities may help (after I read how to build classlib from
> eclipse), and spent 2 hours trying to give it properties here and there to no
> avail, building drlvm from eclipse didn't work for me so far.

That's why I said "new category".  Do something conventional.

> Anyway, I think I've found a path bug with running smoke tests. The paths
> seems to be different depending on what I run "build.sh test" or "build.sh
> smoke.test".
>
> This is what I see when I run "build.sh smoke.test"
>
> /home/gregory/work/Harmony/harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/jre/bin/java
-Dvm.assert_dialog=0 -classpath /home/gregory/work/Harmony/harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/semis/vm/interpreter/_smoke.tests/classes

> StackTest
>
> If you look closely you'll see that tests are taken from
> vm/interpreter/_smoke.tests/classes while the correct location which is built
> when I run "build.sh test" is vm/_smoke.tests/classes. There is no
> interpreter path in it. If someone knows how to fix it, I'd be grateful.
>
> Now that I've tried it a second time after a full rebuild the path looks like
> this
>
> /home/gregory/work/Harmony/harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/jre/bin/java
-Dvm.assert_dialog=0 -classpath /home/gregory/work/Harmony/harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/semis/vm/gc_gen/_smoke.tests/classes